With the following data protection declaration we would like to explain to you which types of your personal data (hereinafter also referred to as “data”) we process for which purposes and to what extent. The data protection declaration applies to this website as well as to our social media profiles on Facebook and Instagram (hereinafter collectively referred to as “online offer”).
As of May 13 2021
- Overview of the processing
- Web hosting
- Registration and login
- Other forms
- Video conferencing, online meetings, webinars and screen sharing
- Presence in social networks
- Plugins and embedded functions as well as content
- Deletion of data
Studierendenvertretung Universität Stuttgart
Authorized representative: Matthias Ehrhardt
Overview of the processing
The following overview summarizes the types of data processed and the purposes of their processing and refers to the data subjects.
Types of data processed
- Registration for events → name, email address and other voluntary information
- Contact inquiries and communication → Name and email address
- Range measurement (only the calls are recorded; there is no tracking)
Relevant legal bases
In the following we share the legal basis of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), on the basis of which we process the personal data:
- Consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR) – The data subject has given their consent to the processing of their personal data for a specific purpose or for several specific purposes.
- Fulfillment of the contract and pre-contractual inquiries (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b.GDPR) – Processing is necessary for the fulfillment of a contract to which the data subject is a party or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures that are required at the request of the data subject respectively.
- Legitimate interests (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f. GDPR) – Processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of the person responsible or a third party, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which protect personal data Data require, predominate.
Only temporary cookies (session cookies) are used on this website. These are required to ensure the functionality of the login function. The cookies are deleted at the latest after a user has left the website and closed his / her browser.
This website is hosted on the stuvus (student union of the University of Stuttgart) servers. The collection of access data is completely anonymous.
Registration and login
Users can register for individual events using forms. When registering, users are given the required mandatory information. The processed data includes, in particular, the personal information name and email address.
The data is stored on the basis of our legitimate interests in carrying out the sustainability weeks. Only the administrators of the website can access the data. This data is generally not passed on to third parties.
For special campaigns, such as the publication of a demand paper, we include additional forms in order to request the support of individuals and groups or to obtain the information required for the campaign in question. The personal data, in particular the name and e-mail address, are used exclusively for the reasons stated in the respective form. As a matter of principle, this data will not be passed on to third parties.
When you contact us (using the contact form, email or via social media), the details of the inquiring person are processed, insofar as this is necessary to answer the contact inquiries and any requested measures.
Video conferencing, online meetings, webinars and screen sharing
We use platforms and applications from other providers (hereinafter referred to as “third-party providers”) for the purpose of holding video and audio conferences, webinars and other types of video and audio meetings. When selecting third-party providers and their services, we observe the legal requirements.
In this context, data of the communication participants are processed and stored on the servers of the third-party providers, insofar as they are part of communication processes with us. This data can include, in particular, registration and contact data, visual and vocal contributions as well as entries in chats and shared screen contents.
If users are referred to third-party providers or their software or platforms in the context of communication, business or other relationships with us, the third-party providers can process usage data and metadata for security purposes, service optimization or marketing purposes. We therefore ask you to observe the data protection information of the respective third party provider.
Presence in social networks
We maintain an online presence within social networks and process user data in this context in order to communicate with the users who are active there or to offer information about us.
We would like to point out that user data can be processed outside of the European Union. This can result in risks for the users because, for example, the enforcement of the rights of the users could be made more difficult.
Furthermore, the data of users within social networks are usually processed for market research and advertising purposes. For example, usage profiles can be created based on user behavior and the resulting interests of the users. The usage profiles can in turn be used, for example, to place advertisements inside and outside the networks that presumably correspond to the interests of the users. For these purposes, cookies are usually stored on the users’ computers, in which the usage behavior and the interests of the users are stored. Furthermore, data can also be stored in the usage profiles regardless of the devices used by the users (especially if the users are members of the respective platforms and are logged in to them).
For a detailed description of the respective forms of processing and the possibilities of objection (opt-out), we refer to the data protection declarations and information provided by the operators of the respective networks.
In the case of requests for information and the assertion of data subject rights, we point out that these can be most effectively asserted with the providers. Only the providers have access to the data of the users and can take appropriate measures and provide information directly. If you still need help, you can contact us.
- Processed data types: inventory data (e.g. names, addresses), contact data (e.g. e-mail, telephone numbers), content data (e.g. text entries, photographs, videos), usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times), meta / communication data (e.g. Device information, IP addresses).
- Affected persons: users (e.g. website visitors, users of online services).
- Legal basis: Legitimate interests (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f. GDPR).
Used services and service providers:
- Instagram: social network; Service provider: Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA; Website: https://www.instagram.com; Data protection declaration: https://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy.
- Facebook: social network; Service provider: Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland, parent company: Facebook, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA; Website: https://www.facebook.com; Data protection declaration: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy; Privacy Shield (ensuring the level of data protection when processing data in the USA): https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active; Opposition option (opt-out): Settings for advertisements: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads; Additional information on data protection: Agreement on joint processing of personal data on Facebook pages: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum, data protection information for Facebook pages: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/information_about_page_insights_data.
- YouTube: social network; Service provider: Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, parent company: Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; Data protection declaration: https://policies.google.com/privacy; Privacy Shield (ensuring the level of data protection when processing data in the USA): https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active; Opposition option (opt-out): https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
Plugins and embedded functions as well as content
We integrate OpenStreetMap maps on the website that are obtained from an external server (hereinafter referred to as “third party provider”). In addition, scripts and stylesheets are loaded from the content delivery network unpgk.com.
The integration always presupposes that the third-party providers of this content process the IP address of the users, since without the IP address they would not be able to send the content to their browser. The IP address is therefore required for the display of this content or functions.
- Processed data types: meta / communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Affected persons: users.
- Purposes of processing: user-friendliness
- Legal basis: Legitimate interests (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f. GDPR).
Used services and service providers:
- unpkg: We use the Content Delivery Network (CDN) unpkg to enable faster loading times, reduced web server utilization and lower bandwidth utilization (and thus optimized performance). With the CDN, website content such as scripts and stylesheets are delivered faster via a network of regionally distributed servers. For this purpose, your browser must connect to the unpkg servers. This gives unpkg knowledge that this website has been accessed via your IP address. If the files in question have already been loaded on another page from the CDN, your browser will usually automatically use the copy stored in the cache instead. The person responsible at unpgk, Michael Jackson, assures via his Twitter account that unpkg does not collect, evaluate or store any data: https://twitter.com/mjackson/status/987342097773617152
Integration of YouTube and Instagram:
Calls of pages of the Sustainability Weeks do not result in content being loaded from YouTube or Instagram. However, buttons are embedded that reload the corresponding content from external servers after clicking on them.
Deletion of data
The data processed by us will be deleted in accordance with the legal requirements as soon as the consent permitted for processing is revoked or other permissions are no longer applicable (e.g. if the purpose of processing this data is no longer applicable or is not required for the purpose).
Further information on the deletion of personal data can also be found in the individual data protection information of this data protection declaration.
Contains text excerpts from the free Datenschutz-Generator.de by Dr. Thomas Schwenke