OpenStreetMap Mapping Challenge – Update your campus’ map data!
„OpenStreetMap is a free, editable map of the whole world that is being built by volunteers largely from scratch and released with an open-content license.“ 
The map data provided by this project is widely used not only on the project’s main web page  but also integrated in many other services, e. g. the Journey Planner of the Stuttgart region’s public transport association VVS (vvs.de).
Let us join the community of contributors and update the map data of your universities‘ campuses and surroundings!
You may start taking part in the challenge right away! A very simple way is using the Android app StreetComplete  which works by offering many small, predefined tasks. But there is a number of other editors (mobile, desktop or web apps) among which you can choose.  Moreover, even if you do not want to create an account, you can easily leave notes on the map, asking other mappers to update it.
Contents of the seminar:
– Introduction in OpenStreetMap
– Introduction in editing map data
– Optional: presentation and discussion of edits already done by participants in advance of the seminar
– Beginner’s Guide for map editing 
– OpenStreetMap editing FAQ section 
– Hints and link collection (including information about donation): https://wiki.stuvus.uni-stuttgart.de/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=126651237
What questions are addressed?
- How much fun can it make to contribute to a free, open-content map that is used by many people?
- How can I update the map or get the map updated by others?
- What kind of experiences did others make with map editing?
#OpenStreetMap #OSM #map #mapping #opensource #opendata